TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2001-06 > 0992639957

From: "Paul Hollinghurst" <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] Off Topic - LDS 1880 census, again
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 17:19:17 -0400

Fran, I ordered mine on the internet on 5Jun01 and rvcd it 15Jun01, today.
Very pleased with delivery and content! 55 discs + 1, the latest Version 4
of their viewer. Took longer to unwrap and place all the disks in the
supplied binder than it did to install and do my first search. The
installation is straight forward and quick and so are the searches. It is
always better to view the original and the exact source is provided with
every record. All in all, a very pleasant experience. Paul

Paul David Hollinghurst
Durham, NC
Researching: Babb, Balsover, Blackburn, Britton, Chapin, Danner,
Duddell, Earle, Fortescue, Fridman, Harris, Hollinghurst, Larson, Leach,
Meadowcroft, Petterson, Provan, Scott, Shuttleworth, Skoglund, Wilkenson

Fran wrote:
Thanks, Terry, for the information. I sent for mine last week, and was
wondering when I could start expecting it. I'm also thankful about your
comment that the LDS sometimes "suggested" relationships that weren't in the
original. Something to keep in mind when I start examining my copy.
Fran

Terry wrote:
> As always, I found you really do need to see the original.
> I found a few, quite understandable differences of opinion
> on spelling of names, and a few minor omissions in picking
> up data. But I also found that in the census I was looking
> at, the enumerator sometimes failed to make an entry in
> the space for relationship to the head of household - but
> the LDS index "supplied" the missing data!

Fran Anderson
Olympia, WA, USA

This thread: