TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2001-07 > 0995411762

From: Lee Hoffman <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] Proof of Parentage
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 19:16:02 -0400

wrote:
>I am looking for suggestions on how others handle a pretty basic source of
>information .... "How do I know that the children listed for John and Jane
>Smith are their children ? ?" My usual sources are court records (wills,
>deeds, etc), census records, family bibles, etc.
>
>I would like to "formally" record how I came to my conclusions and I would
>like for it to show up at least in the Descendants Journal Report either as a
>separate paragragh or as an end note.

Where there is not direct evidence of something, I add a Conclusion tag and
cite the Sources that lead me to the decision. In the Conclusion tag, I
adjust the Tag Sentence and/or the Memo field to tell my rationale. The
Conclusion tag is a Custom tag that I created in the Other Tag Group. This
could then print in the text of a report.

Alternatively, you could create a "Conclusion" Source which used only the
Source Element [CD] for the Full Footnote and the Short Footnote. Then you
could cite it and enter your rationale in the Citation Detail. For the
Bibliography, I suggest using just "--" (no quotes).

Hope this helps -

Lee Hoffman/KY
E-mail:
TMG Tips: <http://www.tmgtips.com>;