TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2001-08 > 0997020306

From: "Anne Hildrum" <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] Suggestion for TMG
Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2001 16:05:06 +0200

----- Original Message -----
From: "Lee Hoffman" <>

> As a TMG user of close to ten years, and other programs for almost
15 years
> before that, I agree wholeheartedly. But if there are assumptions
> (guesses) to be made, I want to do them and I don't want the program
to do
> it for me. If anyone can come up with a method for doing what has
been
> described here in this thread without TMG making assumptions, then I
am
> sure that Bob Velke will jump on that and implement it (and many of
the
> rest of us will agree). Until then....

Well as she suggested it as an option, it wouldn't be doing any
assumptions for you
as you wouldn't be truing it on.

Ok so we are asking TMG to assume that you get born before you marry
and
die and get married before you die and after you're born , but in the
majority of cases
that is the way it is, and the assumptions would be correct for me all
the time,
and I bet for most others. I am not saying that's the way it only
should be, but give us that
as an option, then I wouldn't have to sit guessing when where they
married all the time.
Of course I do have the option of not caring what it looks like on my
screen as well.

We all have different wishes on changes and for some of us it would
make life easier.

Anne

This thread: