TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2001-08 > 0997496672

From: Kay Allen Groves <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] Suggestion for TMG - tag order
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 19:25:07 -0700

I just got in on the tail end of this thread, so if this is repetitious,
please use your delete key!

When I started entering census info and found I did not want some witness
entries placed where I found then I figured out what has been a perfect
solution for me. Because I like to have all the census entries for each
person placed together for what I think is smoother reading and makes for
easy comparison of data with each 10 year period, I wanted to enter all of
them at the very end -- after the death and burial entries which were
followed by the list of occcupations and one or more anecdotal
narratives. I found that by merely changing the first numeral of the sort
date YEAR from a *1* to a *2* it was far enough in the future for everyone
in my dataset and it was quick and easy to do.
EXAMPLE- change sort date of 12 June 1880 to 12 June 2880

I hope this helps someone.
-kay thesarge

At 06:18 PM 8/10/01, you wrote:
>Ted
>
>Just a simple answer to your question. Suppose that you have a census tag
>for the 1880 census for an entire family and others that happened to be
>living in the household (say there are 10 individuals in the household).
>What number could you place in this tag which would make it sort in the
>correct location in all of the individual screens in which it will appear?
>
>Myrnice
>
>"Ted Meikle" wrote:
> >

> > wrote:
> > >
> > > I'm several days behind, but I find it interesting that the issue of
>"implicit" date sorting of tags is getting a lot of attention.
> > >
> > > If the computer system gives you few options (e.g. types of "events"),

This thread: