TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2001-09 > 1000829458

From: Bud Dorr <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] Norwegian data entry
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 12:10:58 -0400

Thanks to you all for your helpful replies - Judy, Joy, Anne, Joe, Connie, Bill
& Jack. I now have enough, I think, to map out a methodology for proceeding. I
still have to figure out what goes into the surname field, especially. Bill
Reque stated one should not place both the patronymic and farm names into that
block. In fact, I began by entering the given name followed by the patronymic
name together in the given name block and the farm name in the surname block.
However, the farm name changes frequently which will result in using a lot of
"name-var" entries, not in itself a problem, I think. I had considered placing
the farm name in the suffix block but then wondered what to use for a surname
(the patronymic?). Special thanks to Jack Hokenstrom for all those great URLs.
Now if I can only learn Norwegian!

Bud Dorr
Casco, Maine

This thread: