TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2001-09 > 1001018037

Subject: Re: [TMG] Entering Baptism, Burial and other Details
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 16:33:57 EDT

In a message dated 9/20/01 3:27:22 PM Central Daylight Time,
writes:

> What I want is to be able to move from person to person and replicate the
> previous tag information (with the exception of the date) for the new tag.
> My above example of entering 500+ burial or baptism dates is the case in
> point. I would think that something like Alt+F3 should do the trick.
> Create a tag, say Burial, hit Alt+F3 and everything, except the date would
> be filled in from the previous Tag that was created.

Oh, I will agree with that. UFT used a number for places, and it was so fast
to just type in the number. Having to go to the Detail field, hit Shift F2,
find the place in the list, and then choose ok is so time consuming when you
are doing it several hundred times. Since I am doing cemetery pictures, it
would be so nice to hit Alt+F3 and have the cemetery filled in, then I could
put in my sort date, save and move on. It would be nice if we could have a
third event automatically added when we add a new person as well. So we
could do birth, death, and say burial. It would also be nice from that
screen to be able to set the role as well. Would save opening the tag, and
setting the role after the tag had been created.
Teresa Ghee Elliott

This thread: