TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2001-11 > 1004996187

From: "Hugh Wilding" <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] Editing timelines
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2001 21:36:27 -0000

Caroline Gurney asked:

[snip]
> When I open timeline *.dbf files in Works, the Year, Month & Day fields
> contain the dates but the Event field is always empty. Where is that
> information stored & how can I edit it?

Works is not the only app to have this problem. MS Excel 2000 also loads
with empty Events fields.. MS Access 2000 wants to know where the *.ndx or
*.mdx files are held but I can only see *.cdx ones (for timelines that I
have added - the "bundled" timelines don't have these).

I know little about dBase but from what I see in Explorer, it looks as if
the Event text is stored in the .DBT file that is associated with the .DBF
file.

Hugh Wilding
Berkshire, England
<>