TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2002-02 > 1013131452

From: Nadine Helkenn <>
Subject: RE: [TMG] Re: Residence v. Address - Cautionary Note
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2002 17:24:12 -0800

Yes, John, it makes sense. Thanx,

Nadine H.

-----Original Message-----
From: John Cardinal [mailto:]
Sent: Thursday, 07 February 2002 4:23 p

Nadine Helkenn wrote:
> What I want to do is to move a tag from one group to another. Will your
> utility do that?

Nadine,

OK. With my utility, you can change tags from one type to another. If the
destination tag is in another group, then the tag has changed from one group
another. So, if you want to move a tag from one group to another:

- In TMG, define a new tag in the destination group
- Quit TMG, start my utility, and change the type of the current tags to the
new
tag type
- If you want the tag to have the same name as when you started:
- Delete the old tag
- Change the name of the new tag to the old name

As noted in a previous post in this thread, there can be undesirable side
affects when changing the type to a new group. In particular, if the tag is
currently primary, but there is already a primary tag in the destination
group,
you will have two primary tags in the destination group. You'll have to fix
that
manually.

Make sense?

John