TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2002-02 > 1013265035

From: bob gillis <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] Index Codes
Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2002 09:33:48 -0500

barbara wentz wrote:

> Since they say a book is only as good as its index, I followed this
> thread on indexing with some interest. It wasn't mentioned what > happens to people not in the database. >

If the person is important enough to be in the index, then add the
person to the data set.

> Some have said to avoid having children in a database, they enter the > children's names in a memo for a particular census.>

I put children and other members of the census household in the memo if
I am not at the moment interested in the family and only want to have a
record of the names. Also for ministers at weddings and some witnesses.

> If children's names, or anyone's name, is entered in the <[M]> part of > a sentence construction, will they be indexed -- if they are not in > the database?>

No

bob gillis

This thread: