TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2002-02 > 1013793744

From: "Douglas and Elena Husemann" <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] Death to GEDCOM
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 11:22:36 -0600

----- Original Message -----
From: "Lee Hoffman" <>
To: <>
Sent: Friday, February 15, 2002 9:52 AM

> Gene Stuff wrote:
> >I agree wholeheartedly and that's why I'm still not using TMG for my
> >master database, though I purchased it 1.5 years ago. I know that at any
> >point I can move my data into TMG, but once there and once I start making
> >changes in TMG, I'm stuck there forever. There's no going back and no
> >exporting out to anything else. I'd like to take advantage of some of
> >TMG's features, but not at the expense of having to re-key all my data
> >should TMG disappear or should I decide to change software at some time
in
> >the future.
>
> There is no requirement to use the full capability of TMG. If you are
> using TMG and must transfer your TMG data to other programs, you would
only
> use the features of TMG that are similar in the other programs. Thus
> there would be no data that would not transfer to the other program.
>
> If/when you decide the added features (some/all) of TMG are more important
> than not having some data transfer to the other program(s), then you you
> can just start using thos added features.

Lee,
But some of those Added Features should be BASIC features in all Genealogy
programs
Such as the ability to fully document your research for example.

While I can understand a program that only does BMDB records, and religates
the rest to notes.
(basic family group sheet info, basic "genealogy" recording) I do not
understand not haveing
the ability not to source that information fully.

Douglas

This thread: