TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2002-02 > 1013878689

From: "JoAnn L. Gemmrig" <>
Subject: [TMG] consumers drives the issues.
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2002 08:58:09 -0800

At 06:32 AM 2/16/02 -0700, you wrote:
>TMG-D DigestVolume 02 : Issue 223
>
>Today's Topics:
> #1 Re: [TMG] consumers drives the iss ["Cheri Casper"
<]

>______________________________X-Message: #1
>Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 22:04:29 -0800
>From: "Cheri Casper" <>
>Subject: Re: [TMG] consumers drives the issues.
>
>To whom and how exactly should we lobby? Will mere letters to other
>software companies suffice? Do we need a public posting on the web of some
>sort? It is one thing to say we need to lobby; another to provide the
>methodology to do so.

Hi Cheri

As one of the Gedcom 'no issue' folks, I hadn't thought about it.
However, I suppose by joining a list for the specific software, FTM, Legacy
etc. and start a little "innocent" grass roots movement. I wouldn't
mention TMG, only your concern about the way Gedcom works and ask what
alternatives there are. You can always post another note some time later
saying something about learning about GenBridge - what you know of it.
If you are successful the other list members will take up the call and get
the ear of their program developer/s. Isn't that the way it works here on
our list?

JoAnn

This thread: