TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2002-04 > 1018217719

From: "Robin Hoff Kaspar" <>
Subject: [TMG] OT-do you use a laptop?
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2002 18:15:35 -0400

I've been wanting a laptop for genealogy forever. Now that I have TMG, a
large dataset that needs some new tags created/added and just general
overhaul, this seems to be the time for me to replace my desktop with that
laptop I've always wanted. I can take it to work with me and utilize my
lunch hours to accomplish a lot of this repetitious work.

I'm not asking for brand/model recommendations here, I know what I want. My
question is, do you take yours to libraries, archives, etc.? Do you worry
about security? Do you use one of those security cables that allow you to
lock your computer to the desk? Or is it just too much hassle? I'm wondering
if I would actually have a need to take it to the local library with me or
on an out-of-town research trip...

Robin Hoff Kaspar
Volunteer host, Grant County, Wisconsin WIGenweb
http://www.rootsweb.com/~wigrant

This thread: