TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2002-04 > 1018220689

From: Candida Cleve Bannister <>
Subject: RE: [TMG] OT-do you use a laptop?
Date: Sun, 07 Apr 2002 18:04:49 -0500

I agree.

I used a laptop for years. With the longer use batteries it isn't so
bad now, but I used to have several extra batteries. You can't let it
out of your sight - they do get lost very easily. It's a real hassle at
the airport, and with many airlines where you can only bring one
carryon, you do have to check everything else. I still have my laptop,
but I seldom take it anywhere - I use a PDA now with a fold out
keyboard. It's lighter, easier to handle and much less hassle. I down
load the TMG datasets to take along. And the PDA stays with me all the
time, so it's with me when I come upon unexpected genealogical
opportunities. (I once met someone with the same last name at a party
and was able to pull out my PDA and establish a genealogical
relationship with that person.)

Candida Cleve Bannister

researching: (von) Cleve, Bannister, Yasaki, Sugiyama, Vaughn, Baughn,
Sussman, Orb, White, Woodhouse, Willis, Williams