TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2002-04 > 1018238397

From: "Garry Brown" <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] OT-do you use a laptop?
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2002 21:59:57 -0600

One other comment on lap tops. Many of the responses seem to imply that the only reason for taking a laptop is to have your data and perhaps to enter data at the library. This is only part of the story. The laptop enables you to put notes and comments and ideas into your computer immediately. They are saved and legible at once. You can refer to notes taken on other trips and in other libraries at will. I find this invaluable. I too have a Palm. It is useful to carry my TMG data but that is hardly all I want or need. Finally I would comment that there is no better way to share information or to show other family members or researchers what you have discovered or how you are related than to bring up a few charts on the screen. You can even leave a diskette behind. Having a fully functional word processor with all your files plus TMG and all your data plus images of maps, photos, ... Ha. PDA's can't compete.
Garry Brown
Albuquerque NM

This thread: