TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2002-04 > 1018383296

From: "Kevin R. Phillips" <>
Subject: RE: [TMG] Pocket Genealogist
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 15:14:56 -0500

Lee,

You convinced me, I quit! :-)

Actually, that's 2 years invested in the product, not the GenBridge
portion. Under no circumstances is GenBridge that difficult to use.
Even 300-400 hours would be extremely high just for the GenBridge
portion.

The market is still small which is one of the reasons that I'm basically
the only game in town with regards to Windows CE. (But even with Palm
there is still just a couple) I guess that's actually a double-edged
sword. It's nice not to have to worry too much about the competition
but on the flip side, the competition keeps you honest! Effectively, my
competition is other "handheld" products, not just Windows CE versions.

Sometimes you have to ignore the economics otherwise a product would
never come to market... Perhaps that's why I'm a programmer and not a
business major!

Kevin