TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2002-07 > 1026696170

From: "Doug Short" <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] Basic 5.2 Advice
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2002 20:25:21 -0500

Bob James asked, "My question is would I be best to keep working in FTW and
wait for the complete package before I continue any further with TMG."

Bob,
TMG v5.02 does not produce basic reports. The reports are currently under
development but the developer, Bob Velke has made no commitment as to when
they will be ready. (soon)

While I own version 5, my genealogical data will remain on version 4.0d.
Until the new version is ready I will continue to entered new information
into software that can produce reports for sending to relatives / fellow
researchers or to update my web page or to produce a hard copy list of
everyone buried in a particular cemetery or whatever. I can not give up the
ability to generate reports for an indefinite period of time.

My recommendation is to wait for the full version before committing your
data. With that said, I love what I have seen of the new version and am
very, very anxious to make the switch. I am confident that when the
software is complete I will again be very satisfied.

Doug Short

This thread: