TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2002-07 > 1026792493

From: Walt Flory <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] Basic 5.2 Advice
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 00:11:13 -0400

At 02:38 PM 15/07/2002 -0400, Chuck Wolfram wrote:

>Do NOT import your FTM Family File into TMG v.5.02. There is a bug in the
>GenBridge from FTM in that, if you have multiple citations for one event
>only the first citation will come across. The others will be lost. ...

I would modify what Chuck says a wee bit.

Don't trust your data to TMG5 yet, but do import it. Keep your working copy
in FTM but I find that the copy I have imported into TMG5 is invaluable in
finding the data I need to be working on in the (working) copy of my
database that I still keep in FTM9.

Walt Flory

This thread: