TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2002-07 > 1027373364

From: "Ole P. Bielefeldt" <>
Subject: RE: [TMG] Visual Chartform
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 23:33:24 +0200

Hi Richard,

I see the advantage, that TMG can import from a variety of Genealogy
programs, whereas some of the is not so important to me, and 90% of the
users.

Concerning the export facility, I am also able to omit quite some of them,
as most of them are able to use the generic RTF format.

Concerning reports, many genealogical programs have 90% of those you
mentioning - in one or the other way.

Concerning filtering, the same can be done in FTM, and I see no need of
being able to send reports to all the formats you are mentioning. It is to
the best of my knowledge, "overkill" in using development resources to
support all those formats as most of them has a common format which they
read (RTF). Those resources might well have been used better in other areas
(reports?!).

I must admit, that I have difficulty in translating the word "Accents" into
my local language. My printed dictionary (from 1988) does not give me enough
opportunities to find an understandable word in my language, which fits in
your explanation. Maybe my dictionary is too old :).

Concerning getting answers from the President of a company on a mailing
list, I must admit, that I am not impressed. My impression of "Presidents"
were, that they took care of the overall business of the company and its
strategies, and not the day-to-day business, but maybe I am wrong:) ??

Ole P. Bielefeldt
Ry, Denmark

Prøv min slægts hjemmeside/
Try my Genealogy Home Page