TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2002-09 > 1032365728

From: "Darrell"<>
Subject: Re: [TMG] v4.0d - Sentence construction and quotes
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 12:15:33 -0400

On Wed, 18 Sep 2002 11:10:53 EDT wrote:

> Standard Time,
> writes:
>

> > In any event, I do not want my tag citations
> appearing anywhere except at
> > the end of the tag's output for the current
> report.
> >
> > Darrell
> >

> Darrell,
> That is fine, IF I was allowed to have a [T]
> Transcription variable where I
> could tell TMG that I wanted this part to not
> be considered part of the tag
> sentence, but unfortunately, we don't have that
> option right now. I use the
> memo field for large transcriptions, I prefer
> the citation before the
> transcription. Now I have to manually move the
> citation in a Word processor.
> Teresa Ghee Elliott

Hi, Teresa:

Although I can understand why you might want your
citation placed as you say, it seems to suggest
that the transcription is not connected to the
citation. I would expect that it *would* be taken
from the cited source, in most cases. If the
transcription is taken from the cited source, I
would personally still want the citation
reference placed after it.

If you are bent on avoiding editing in a word
processor, I believe that most roads are going to
lead you to separate tags (with TMG in its current
form(s)). For the future -- PLEEEEZ, *after* v.5
is stable, reasonably bug free, and optimized for
speed -- maybe a printer code [:CITLOC:] meaning
"put the citations for this sentence here". I don't
think I'm the first to mention something like this.

Darrell

This thread: