TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2002-09 > 1032376249

From: Terry Reigel <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] TMG 5.03 - A Rank Beginner
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 15:11:05 -0400

Wayne Morgan wrote:

> Hi Lee:
> Thanks very much. For this data set I have 4900 names, and I have another 10
> datasets, or so. I am beginning to wander about the scope of the problem.
> The effort to convert to TMG would appear to be limitless just for this
> dataset, especially if I have to add articles to each Individual narrative.

No, you do have the option to modify the default sentences for those tag types involved. If you did that it would clean up all the tags of that type at once. The risk is that
occasionally you will want something different than the standard article. But if you find this case, you can easily customize the sentence structure for that particular case.

> Are the standard reports (I assume there will be something equivalent to a
> Register report) handled similarly. That is will they require a similar
> amount of work to clean up?

Generally, what ever you do to fix the Individual Narrative will fix the others as well. While their different formats may produce a few exceptions, generally they will be
fine once you get the IN report looking like you want it.

> Thanks for your other comments. I have been through the Tips on a first
> kick.

You may find some of the articles on my website helpful as well. Particularly the one on customizing tags, which may help you better understand how tags and sentence
structures work. The ones on sources, and a few others might be of interest at this point. It's at http://reigelridge.com/tmg

Terry Reigel

This thread: