TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2002-09 > 1032890290

From: Phil & Heather <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] V. 5: side-by-side people?
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 18:58:13 +0100

Hi Jane

Lee was referring to the main folder aka directory.

MS have used the word directory for years and then decided in their
infinite wisdom to rename it to folder. This is because you put folders
into a filing cabinet. The concept of filing papers into a folder and then
into a drawer of a filing cabinet.

Because users are still using different versions of windoze we have to use
both names!

Hope that helps.

Best wishes,

Phil.

At 18:42 24/09/2002, Jane Sarles wrote:
> > I often keep two copies of TMGW v5 open at the same time and both usually
> > open to the same project/data set. This way I can quickly set both to my
> > side-by-side Layout (available for download from the TMG Tips web site
>(URL
> > below)) and look at two persons from the same or different projects/data
> > sets. When I finish, I just change back to the desired Layout in TMG copy
> > that I am working in and continue as I need.
> > >
> > Lee Hoffman/KY
>
>Lee, I downloaded the side-by-side layout you have in your Tips page. Your
>instructions say unzip and place in the TMG directory/folder. I opened my
>TMG folder, but do not find a folder called directory. Sorry, I know this
>is probably a dumb question, but I don't navigate very well. Can I just put
>your program into the TMG main folder or does it have to go in a folder
>called directory?
>Jane

>Visit the TMG Tips web site <http://www.tmgtips.com>; for items of interest
>to TMG users.

Kent FHS Member 9420 NW Kent FHS member 4308 GLS FHS Member O5562 CON
FHS Member 13140
DEV FHS Member SoG Member 009987 GOONS Member 1703
All my emails are checked for virus infection so can be regarded as clean
as a whistle
I use and recommend CD's from ACDB for my One Name Study research
http://www.archivecdbooks.org/

This thread: