TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2002-09 > 1032906683

From: Terry Reigel <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] OT: Importing from FTM9 into TMG 5.03
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 18:31:48 -0400

wrote:

> I am getting close to committing my data (now in FTM9 with the October
> 30, 2001 patch installed) to TMG 5.03. Certainly it would be ideal to
> check everything, but we all know that things get overlooked in doing
> something this complex.
>
> The database has 25-30,000 people, long memos, multiple name tags,
> custom tags, and multiple sources.
>
> What problems do you know will be encountered and how would you try to
> avoid them?
> What problems would you be afraid of encountering and how would you
> try to avoid them?

Use the Advanced Wizard when you get the choice at step 1. This allows
you to specify which TMG tag is used for each of your custom sources.
You can also specify for each FTM Fact whether the place/comments field
should be treated as a place or as a comment.

Verify that your multiple sources actually import - there seems to be a
problem in a few cases coming from certain older versions of FTM. The
problem can be fixed, but you want to do it before you invest in editing
in TMG.

Terry Reigel

This thread: