TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2002-09 > 1033068236

From: Allen Mellen <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] OT: Just out of curiosity
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 15:24:28 -0400

Teresa wrote:
>This really has nothing to do with TMG, but I am curious, how many of you are:
>
>1) Using TMG 5.03 exclusively despite the fact that it isn't finished yet.
>
>2) Using 5.03 and 4.0d together so that you can learn 5.0, yet still print
>reports.

<snip>

Hi Teresa, et al.

This message gives me the perfect opportunity to say something I have been
wanting to let other folks in on.
I would be a 1, but in fact I haven't done a lick of genealogy in about 3
months. I'm a beta tester for 5, as well as the author of a couple of
chapters of _Getting the Most Out Of The Master Genealogist_.

Meanwhile, since the end of June we have been living full time at our
cottage in northern Pennsylvania. Since September 5, we have been in the
process of finishing a rebuilding project that we started 14 years ago
after a fire. This project has taken 2 or 3 hours a day of my time, trying
to stay ahead of the contractor. Next week we start to paint the newly
sheet-rocked interior while the contractor goes elsewhere for three days
for a roofing job. That probably means that the information I need to go
into high gear and finish my chapters will become available just as we
start to paint. Or maybe it won't. I don't know which would be worse. <VBG>

To repeat, I would be a 1, but I would keep my old data set available in
4.0d in order to run List of... reports when necessary.

Allen

"The whole point of TMG is that you are recording evidence, not historical
facts." -- Bob Velke
The Picklist and the Project Explorer are lists of names -- not simply
lists of people.

Allen Mellen -- New York, NY
permanent email address:<>
http://www.geocities.com/allenmellen