TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2002-10 > 1034334228

From: "Astrid Kranzbuhler" <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] Cause of death
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 21:03:48 +1000

Harold wrote:
> Yes I do mean 5.03. Good point. And isn't there a way to
> segregate parts of the "memo," so that the part you want goes on
> the chart and not other details like attending physician, etc.?

Hi Harold,

Yes, if you use split memos. E.g. with a memo with the name of the
physician in the first and the cause of death in the second split memo
part:

Dr. Quack||of cancer

In the Chart definition screen, under Data types add
Death* Group Abbr Memo 2

However, if, in this example, you don't know the physician, the memo would
still need the pipes in order to place the cause of death into split memo
2, like so:

||of cancer

Of course, the cause of death can be placed in any memo part, but it has to
be consistent throughout the project.

Astrid

This thread: