TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2002-10 > 1034820648

From: "Jim Byram" <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] Changing Name of Source Element
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 22:11:05 -0400

Cheri,

> If you create a custom source element and decide at a later point to
change
> the name you have assigned it, what exactly do you do? Using Tools>Source
> Elements>Edit, I have assigned a new name but now find that all of my
> sources have not just been assigned a new "label" but have an entirely
> different element in place of the one whose title I merely wished to
change.

I tested this. The bottom line is that you will need to edit all of the
involved source types and fix them. I don't really see any programmatic
solution for this. To expect that editing an element would carry over to the
source type definitions requires too many assumptions. They are really only
connected in error checking at source type creation/editing and at source
creation/editing and at the time that a source template is processed at
report generation.

Jim

This thread: