TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2002-10 > 1034964754

From: Nigel Brown <>
Subject: RE: [TMG] Census Entry
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 19:12:43 +0100

Ewan,

-----Original Message-----I have been entering Census information as
suggested by Lee Hoffman, i.e. entering the Head as the principal and all
others enumerated as witnesses. What do others do?

I too am a user of Caroline Gurney's UK census templates, as have already
been mentioned to you. My variation on Lee's approach is that, where the
man is the head of the householder and he has a wife, which is the most
common scenario, I enter the wife as the second principal. That way, she
shows up on the Individual screen that lists the tags. All the other people
in the house are listed as witnesses, but given roles, as described in the
census return.

Nigel Brown
Wolverhampton, UK

This thread: