TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2002-10 > 1035405642

From: Evelyn Hendricks <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] OT: Date of death
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 16:43:39 -0400

The time of death on my mother's death certificate is not correct either. I
know she died about 5:30 in the morning. The care person called me. After I
arrived the rescue squad who had to be called took her to the hospital. The
doctor finally got around to pronouncing her dead about 8:30 in the
morning. I wonder how many certificates are not correct.
Another thing. Just because you can't find a death certificate does not
mean that the person did not die where you thought they might. My
grandmother died in 1950 but neither the county or state has a death
certificate for her. Neither is there one for my great-grandmother who died
in 1933 at age 92. Sometimes the person who was responsible for filing them
was negligent.
Evelyn