TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2002-10 > 1035409846

Subject: Re: [TMG] OT: Date of death
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 17:50:46 EDT

In a message dated 10/23/2002 3:44:31 PM Central Standard Time,
writes:

> Just because you can't find a death certificate does not
> mean that the person did not die where you thought they might. My
> grandmother died in 1950 but neither the county or state has a death
> certificate for her. Neither is there one for my great-grandmother who died
> in 1933 at age 92. Sometimes the person who was responsible for filing them
> was negligent.
> Evelyn

Evelyn,
OR (and I know this to be true because it happened to me) the person who
died was too poor to pay for the funeral and the funeral home did the bare
necessities and paying for a death certificate to be filed wasn't considered
necessary.
Teresa Ghee Elliott

This thread: