TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2002-11 > 1036190349

From: "Cheri Casper" <>
Subject: RE: [TMG] New TMG5.30 problem with name entry screen
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2002 14:39:17 -0800

Greg - I don't recall exactly what I did. I think the first time I went to
Windows Update I had the option to choose automatic notices or not and I
opted not to have them. I don't see anyplace on the Windows Update website
to change this. (It has been a long time since I changed it in Win2K and
then when I had XP installed I remember doing something via the website so I
would not get them.) But I would suggest that you check Start>All
Programs>System Tools>Scheduled Tasks. If the Live Update is there you can
remove it as a scheduled task. Maybe one of the techno-geeks can answer
this one more specifically. Sorry.

You can also right click any icons on the task bar and close any unnecessary
programs before you use TMG. If you have a Live Update icon in the tray,
you can probably right click and make the modification from there.

CheriC