TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2002-11 > 1036600191

Subject: Re: [TMG] REPORTS
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 11:29:51 EST

Hear, hear Ron Bernier! You are absolutely correct in all you say.

Gene

Ron Bernier wrote:

Richard,
I have to disagree with you to a point. There is only one Genealogy
software company that we all know of that charges for "new version"
everyti9me the fix bugs in their software. The software that I am currently
using as my primary genealogy software comes out with frequent enhancements
and fixes for any problems that are known at the time.

Although I am extremely disappointed that after nearly 6 months, there are
still no usable reports in TMG 5.X, that is not what upsets me most. What I
am upset about and the reason I removed TMG from my system is because of
Wholly Genes (Bob Velke's) total lack of response in providing fixes for the
multitude of problems that have been reported. Other users on this list
have devised work arounds for many of the problems, but we shouldn't have to
use work arounds. Even more frustrating is the fact that Bob Velke has
apparently gone into hiding, and has done nothing to reassure the users who
have paid for the program that the problems are being corrected. There is
absolutely no acceptable excuse for allowing the list of problems to keep
growing, and no action on Wholly Gene's part to release repairs for these
problems. As far as "upgrade" charges are concerned. I would gladly pay
for an upgrade, but we are not talking upgrade here. We are talking about
getting a usable product.

This thread: