TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2002-11 > 1036697690

From: Lee Hoffman <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] 4.0d master place list - not updating
Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2002 14:34:50 -0500

Fran segall wrote:
>I've gone into all my burial events (imported from UFT), removed the
>specific plot info from the DETAIL, and put it in the memo. So the
>DETAIL field now contains only the cemetery name. Yet when I go into
>the Master Place List, all of the entries for each cemetery still
>show "cemetery name||plot info". For example, "New Montefiore
>Cemetery||Sec 6 grave 4L".
>
>I have tried to optimize (several times), but nothing changes. I know
>I'm looking at the correct person's burial event because the plot info
>is the same as what is now in the memo. I even ran a report listing all
>the burial events so I could be sure I got them all. NONE of them seem
>to have corrected in the MPL. What am I doing wrong?

Nothing except you may have missed a tag where the combination is used. Of
course, what you did was the hard way. If the intent is to remove
everything except the cemetery name from the one Detail field, then it is
much easier to do that from the Master Place List. On the other hand,
moving the data to the individual Tag Memo fields would have to be done for
each tag.

If you are not sure if you have changed all tags, generate a List
of Events report based on the Detail field containing the entry if interest.

Hope this helps -

Lee Hoffman/KY
TMG Tips: <http://www.tmgtips.com>;