TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2002-11 > 1036861443

From: Eric Haas <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] Sentence Tweaking
Date: Sat, 09 Nov 2002 12:04:12 -0500

Saturday, November 9, 2002, 11:14:43 AM, you wrote:

JA> I have a sentence in the Death Tag for the Witness role SurObitChild: "The
JA> obituary of [P] lists [W] as a surviving child."
JA> A number of daughters were identified in the obituary by their married
JA> names. i.e. Mrs. Robert Doe.
JA> I set up a name variation of Mrs. Robert Doe and used that name when I used
JA> the SurObitChild Role.

JA> In the individual narrative for the witness, I wanted the sentence: "The
JA> obituary of James Brown lists Mrs. Robert Doe as a surviving child."
JA> I got: "The obituary of he lists Robert Doe as a surviving child."

I assume you are using version 5.

JA> How do I make pronoun be replaced by the name?

You can change the variable [P] to [P+]. That tells TMG not to
substitute a pronoun.

JA> How do I force the Title before a name?

Did you put the "Mrs." in the title field or the prefix field? And are
you using the standard name style? If I put "Mrs." in the title field
using the standard name style, the "Mrs." shows up in the final
sentence.

This thread: