TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2002-11 > 1036884917

Subject: Re: [TMG] Can't I just view a report?
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2002 18:35:17 EST

In a message dated 11/9/2002 4:08:05 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
writes:

> > I just downloaded TMG5.04 and notice that there is no generate
> button
> >on the reports. The only options seem to be to save or to concel. Does
>
> >this mean that everytime I want to view any report on screen, that the
> report
> >will be saved? If I print a report, I won't want it saved either. I'm
> >hoping the save on these buttons means something other than what save
> usually
> >means.
> >
> The term "Saved" on the Report Definition refers to saving the
> definition -- that is saving the settings you have made -- not the
> report itself. You might set some options, then remember that you want
> to go back and change some data before running the report -- if so, just
> click the Save button and your changed settings will be saved without
> running the report. The "Print & Save" button is telling you that the
> report will be generated and the settings will be saved. "Cancel"
> neither creates the report nor saves any changes you have made to the
> settings.

OK, I clicked print and save. That brought up two minutes of my little hour
glass spinning followed by peoples names preceded by numbers or letters and
much white space. That was the indented decendent report. The ahnentafel
added first generation, second generation.. between every several names.
This took maybe 3 or 4 minutes. If I try to close the report I get "this
program is not responding". The preview IN does work. I have a pentium 4
with 256 MB so I should have enough memory and speed. I'm confused as others
are viewing the reports.

Barbara

This thread: