TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2002-11 > 1036885422

From: "Paul E. Lawrence" <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] Can't I just view a report?
Date: Sat, 09 Nov 2002 17:44:02 -0600

If you are printing a descendant report that has a lot of generations it
can take several minutes, as long as 15 or 30 minutes. There will be longer
times between generations as there are probably more people in each
succeeding generation. The "not responding" message is a false message put
out by Windows if you happen to click on something during the generation.
The developers are aware of it but have not found a way around it. If you
let the report keep running it will eventually complete. My suggestion is
to start the report and go have supper or do something else for awhile.

At 06:35 PM 11/9/2002 -0500, wrote:
>OK, I clicked print and save. That brought up two minutes of my little hour
>glass spinning followed by peoples names preceded by numbers or letters and
>much white space. That was the indented decendent report. The ahnentafel
>added first generation, second generation.. between every several names.
>This took maybe 3 or 4 minutes. If I try to close the report I get "this
>program is not responding". The preview IN does work. I have a pentium 4
>with 256 MB so I should have enough memory and speed. I'm confused as others
>are viewing the reports.

XXENDSXX

Paul E. Lawrence

My Lawrence Genealogy web page has moved to the following URL:
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~lawrpaul/index.htm

Includes allied surnames of Bumpass, Byerly, Daughtrey, Ford (Faure),
Harper, Harr, Wilhite/Wilhoit. Also researching Burnett, Daniel, McMurry,
Hardy, Hill, Bondurant, Stansbury, Towne, Kincaid, and Rose, and others.

User of The Master Genealogist (TMG) http://www.whollygenes.com/index.htm

Member of the Roots User Group of Arlington, VA: http://www.rootsusers.org/

This thread: