TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2002-11 > 1036885546

From: Terry Reigel <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] Can't I just view a report?
Date: Sat, 09 Nov 2002 18:45:55 -0500

wrote:

>OK, I clicked print and save. That brought up two minutes of my little hour
>glass spinning followed by peoples names preceded by numbers or letters and
>much white space. That was the indented decendent report. The ahnentafel
>added first generation, second generation.. between every several names.
>This took maybe 3 or 4 minutes. If I try to close the report I get "this
>program is not responding". The preview IN does work. I have a pentium 4
>with 256 MB so I should have enough memory and speed. I'm confused as others
>are viewing the reports.

Barbara,

This sounds like the problem a few people have had with installing a font needed to produce the superscript numbers used in the default settings for several reports. Apparently you need to reboot to correctly install the font but the installer fails to ask you to do that. Rebooting should fix both the very long generation times and the failure to format the report properly.

Terry Reigel

This thread: