TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2002-11 > 1036938041

From: "Jeff Clenard" <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] TMG5.04 - Restoring default RPT files
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2002 08:20:41 -0600

Robin Lamacraft wrote:

> >Beth wrote:
> >Will a re-install fix the default RPTs?
>
> While TMG is closed, use Windows Explorer to delete the suspect _default_
> RPT files (e.g. Descendant Chart.RPT) and then when you select that chart
> type in TMG, a replacement default RPT will be built for you.
>
> In the past, I have asked that there be a [Reset] button on the Report
> Definition Screen. I see that others today on TMG-L have also requested
> it.
>
> It would be good for others to reinforce this wish by sending a message
> requesting a "Reset button for report definitions" to Tech Support - that
> way they can judge the need for it. (Personally, I don't think that a user
> should need to use Windows Explorer to remedy an easy user mistake. Many
> other programs provide this kind of [Reset] feature.)

Robin's approach noted above is a good one if you need to rebuild your
default *VCF* configurations, but it is not necessary to rebuild the default
configurations for other reports.

While I am not opposed to a [Reset] button, a TMG v5.x user can easily
recreate the default options for any *non-VCF* report from within TMG. To
do this run the report in question and click the [Add] button underneath the
'Configuration name' on the Report Definition Screen, enter a unique name
for the new configuration and click [Save]. You will be offered a choice to
copy the configuration of the report currently in focus to the new report
(by clicking the [Yes] button), or to create a new report using the original
default configuration options (by clicking the [No] button).

Jeff Clenard

This thread: