TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2002-11 > 1036976691

From: "James P. Colgate" <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] Some Report Generation Questions
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2002 20:04:51 -0500

Hello Brian,

Sorry I didn't understand the complexity of your problem. If it fits your
program, you could perhaps put the transcription as a word processed file
exhibit. But I've not done exhibits yet and don't know if it would work
given you also have an image exhibit.

The real problem I think is that you want the sentences generated
from the Principal's sentence structure to have a different footnote than
the sentences generated from the Witness' sentence structure. I have
struggled with this too, and decided, for instance in my Census tags, to
have
two tags -- one for the Head of Household, and the other for someone
Enumerated within a household. This is not as clean as having one simple
tag. But now my Head of household can get one footnote (analogous to your
"Gory Facts"), and the others in the household can get a different, not as
"gory" footnote. I still use witness roles in both tags. This is not as
easy to input, but gives me great footnotes.

A while back I described the way I do it (actually it was only yesterday --
I'm a bit overwhelmed at this list the last 2 days, so it feels like
more!!!) You can check it out at
http://archiver.rootsweb.com/th/read/TMG/2002-11/1036896091

Hope this helps,
James Colgate