TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2002-11 > 1037031080

From: "Paul J. Harris" <>
Subject: RE: [TMG] 5.04 Non-breaking space in Source Template
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 11:11:24 -0500

Terry Reigel wrote:

>>With the currently available output formats, how can you tell it doesn't
>>work? I wouldn't show up any way in a plain text output. Are you able to
>>produce output to printer with the a line break at just the right place
>>to demonstrate this?

Hi Terry,

"Currently available output formats" may be a problem, but here's what
prompted the question.:

When I generate a IN in 5.04, with Endnotes, then generate the Endnotes
report to Screen, then print that report, I have occurrences such as:

Marriage certificate for Robert Ward and Mary
Peters; 21 Dec 1904; Brooklyn Marriages, 1905, no.
6; Department of Records and Information Services,
Municipal Archives, 31 Chambers Street, Room 103,
New York, New York 10007.

My template looks like:

Marriage certificate for [SUBJECT]; [ORIGINAL DATE]; [BOROUGH] Marriages,
[YEAR], no. [NUMBER]; [REPOSITORY], [REPOSITORY ADDRESS].

What I want to be able to do is place a non-breaking space in the template
between no. and [NUMBER] to avoid the bad line break shown above. When I try
all the suggestions ([:NB:], alt + 0032, and alt + 0255) in the template,
then generate IN with Endnotes, then generate and print the Endnotes Report,
I still get the bad line break.

Paul

This thread: