TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2002-11 > 1037038054

From: "Paul J. Harris" <>
Subject: RE: [TMG] performance issues
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 13:07:39 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: Bill Johnson [mailto:]
Sent: Monday, November 11, 2002 12:26 PM

>>I just turned Accent off to try it, and what a difference! Everything in
>>Data Entry has been great in v.5, except for the looong wait for a few or
>>changed tag to settle in. Now it is much faster. I have used Accent all
the
>>time for a long time now, but now I will just turn it on when I need it. I
>>don't think it slowed things down as much in v.4, but I haven't tried the
>>difference.

>>Bill J.

The performance degradation seems to be related to the number of filter
criteria. If you have multiple criteria, but really are only interested in
one thing at a time, running the singe criteria will not impact as severely.
Additionally, as pointed out by Bob Velke in another thread, the
Auto-Relation tag has a similar effect. In 5.04 you can add buttons to the
custom toolbar to toggle Accent and Auto-Relation Tag on and off. I have
done so, and find it very convenient and helpful.

Paul Harris

This thread: