TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2002-11 > 1037112122

From: "myrnice" <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] WWI Draft Registrations
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 09:42:02 -0500

We must be looking at two different sites, mine is within Ancestry.com at
http://images.ancestry.com/iexec?htx=list&cat=WW1&r=0 and only has the two
states. Neither one of the state list is complete.

I would like to know where the site you found this is located.

Myrnice

"Cheri Casper" wrote on Monday, November 11, 2002 10:28 PM

> The free part? According to what I pulled up, it was for all of those
> registrations on the website. However, the website only contains 5% of
all
> men registered, representing 13% of the counties. South Carolina and PA
> aren't even included in the list. Complete states are AK, DE, FL, ID, MS,
> NV. A good representation from AL, AR, CA, CO, HI, IL, KS, LA, ME, MD,
MA,
> MI, NE, NYC, ND, OR, SD, TX, UT, VT. Noticably absent are many of the
> Midwestern states and the Old South.
>
> I just printed out all of the Caspers for the states listed and have DE,
MS,
> ID, OH (filed in ID-go figure), UT, AZ, TX. So I am even getting some
> states that the detail information doesn't identify.
>
> CheriC

This thread: