TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2002-11 > 1037169603

From: "Jim Payne" <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] Immigration Tag
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 19:40:03 +1300

James

This may be later than other replies but I get the Digest.

This took me a long time to work out - a lot of experimentation - and all I
can say it works for me particularly as there were a lot of ancestors on
both sides who arrived in New Zealand from England. I use the "Emigration"
Tag only with the adapted sentence as below.

<On [M1]> [P] emigrated <from [M2]> <on the [M3]> arriving <[L]> <[D]>
<[M4]>

For Ann WITHEY I entered
Date22 August 1842
Town/cityNelson,
StateNelson Province
CountryNew Zealand
Memo1 May 1842||Gravesend, England||Sir Charles Forbes

and I get the following printout

On 1 May 1842 Ann WITHEY emigrated from Gravesend, England on the Sir
Charles Forbes arriving at Nelson, Nelson, Province, New Zealand on 22
August 1842.

This puts all the details on one tag. The conditional variables < > ensure
that where I don't have the exact date or place the sentences still reads
correctly. <[M4]> gives me the opportunity to add anything else that I may
need for a particular voyage which I didn't need for this voyage.

I am still working on TMG v4 full time but experimenting with TMG v5. I
checked Ann WITHEY in v5. What I had entered in v4 was in the same places
on the tag and when I ran the individual Narrative Preview Report for her
the sentence came out the same.

Jim

Jim & Beverley Payne
NEW ZEALAND