TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2002-11 > 1037212953

From: "Doreen & Peter Neilley" <>
Subject: [TMG] Re; Research Tasks
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 11:42:33 -0700

Help!
I am using TMG v5.03 (going to get the 5.04 ASAP) - bought it a few weeks ago, so am just beginning to realize how powerful this program really is!

I am going through my people and doing a "clean-up" and ran across some where I had notes about things I wanted to check on, records to find, etc, so I started using the Research tasks / Research Log. I want to make this as effective as possible, but I can't find a report (so I assume it isn't available in 5.03 yet - I've looked at teh Help for Research Log and Task, and not found any reference to producing a printed report I can take with me) to see what information comes back out. Can experienced users (probably v 4 users?) please make some suggestions for me?

How much information am I going to have to include in the Task Name or the comments or some part of the Task to be able to know who I am referring to and what I need? For example, if I am needing to find the second marriage information for Mary Ann NOBLE, do I need to include the name of her second husband in the comments?

What methods are you finding that work well for you?

Thank in advacne,
Doreen Neilley, ALberta, Canada

This thread: