TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2002-11 > 1037228249

From: Terry Reigel <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] TMG 5.04 - To many sources
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 17:57:43 -0500

Klaus Dieter Cook wrote:

>I have the same source citation listed for the birth tag in the
>principal's record and also in the birth tag for the principal on his
>father's record. Deleting the latter removes the additional footnote
>indicator. Is this the way it should work???

I think you have confused two tags. The birth tag for an individual will
only appear in that individual's Person View (unless you have entered
Witnesses). What you see in the father's Person view that says Son-Bio
and shows the birth date and name of the son is not the birth tag, but
the Parent/child relationship tag that connects the father and son. It
is confusing, because while this tag doesn't actually have a date, it
displays with the date from the child's primary birth group tag.

Since they are separate tags, they can have separate source citations,
so removing one of the citations will result in removing a footnote
indicator in reports if you have the option to display relationship
sources set to on.

You might want to look at the article on TMG basic concepts on my
website to better understand how these tags relate -- its at
http://reigelridge.com/tmg/basics.htm

Terry Reigel

This thread: