TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2002-11 > 1037255934

From: "Kathryn Bassett" <>
Subject: RE: [TMG] Charts
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 22:39:03 -0800

I recently did some charts for one of my clients and we used Kinko's. http://weborder.kinkos.com/index2.html and download their File Prep Tool. It's a very small file that installs and gives you another "printer". When you print your Visual Chart form (or *anything* else for that matter), you are making a file (very much like a PDF file). You can then upload it to Kinkos via the same page. They'll let you know when they have the "proof" ready, and then print. Price will vary depending on if it's color you want, but my client wanted black and white since she was printing 200 of each chart. The price for the black and white is about 63cents/square foot normally, but because of the quantity, we only paid 50cents/square foot. Since the charts were only about 2'x4' they were only a few dollars apiece. By the time she bought mailing tubes and postage, shipping cost more than the charts. By the way, if you want a supply of mailing tubes, the cheapest source I found was:
http://www.uline.com, specifically the white mailing tubes at http://www.uline.com/Group_74.asp

--
Kathryn Rhinehart Bassett (Pasadena CA)
"Genealogy is my bag" "GH is my soap"