TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2002-11 > 1037290004

From: "James P. Colgate" <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] 5.04 Date Modifiers
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 11:06:44 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bob Velke" <>
> > TMG was in the forefront in admitting the date modifier "say" now
> > accepted by respected journals. Why can't TMG just let those of us who
> > want it add "about" to the *regular* modifiers?
>
> I didn't say that it couldn't be added. But I wouldn't expect it to be a
> priority since there are already at least four ways to accomplish what you
> want and no way to do some things that a lot of other people want.

I didn't want to add to this already long thread, but wouldn't it be
possible for someone to use the English2 to change "say" to "about", and
leave "circa" as "circa"? This would allow someone to distinguish between
circa and about (the only trick would be to remember to enter anything one
wants as "about" by typing in "say", or else the wrong one will be entered)

James Colgate

This thread: