TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2002-11 > 1037299734

From: "Bob Velke" <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] 5.04 Date Modifiers
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 13:48:54 -0500 (EST)

Wilfred said:

> Bob, am I correct then in assuming that if one wants to use a format
> based on TAG, NGSQ, or Bob Anderson's Great Migrations work, two of
> which are supposedly provided by TMG, there should be a note
> accompanying the templates for those formats that says "If you wish to
> use 'about' (instead of 'circa') as these formats do, it can only be
> accomplished if:

TMG doesn't claim to produce a report that will be accepted by any of
those publications without any additional effort on your part. TMG
produces reports that use the numbering systems employed by those
publications. Beyond that, you have full control over the content of
every narrative sentence. If it doesn't read the way that you like or the
way a particular editor wants, then it isn't because TMG doesn't let you
control it. I understand if you think that controlling the narrative is
not convenient enough for you - but that's different.

-Bob

This thread: