TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2002-11 > 1037327944

Subject: [TMG] OT: FTM 9 GenBridge - This is not a bug but a warning to others, and a question.
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 21:39:05 -0500

The default setting for GenBridge gave me some strange entries in the TMG
Master Place List.
This was because FTM uses one field as a Comment/Location field.

Next I tried changing the default GenBridge settings so that everything
except the Birth, Death, and Burial tags imported the Comment/Location
field as a Comment.
Immediately the TMG Master Place List looked much better and I was happy.

On further analysis of the imports I find something which I should have
expected:
The Citation Text is being replaced by what is in the
Comment/Location field and I am not importing the detail I had put in the
tags to explain and support them.

Question:

Does anyone see a reason why I should not do my GenBridges with all
fields set to import Locations.
This will give me a messy Master Place List which will need to
be cleaned up, but it seems to me that it will insure that all data is
imported and will be my best option.

Comments and suggestions are welcome.

Walt

This thread: