TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2002-11 > 1037366132

From: Allen Mellen <>
Subject: [TMG] Subject Heading (was] 5.04 import of a Legacy 4.0 file)
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 08:16:38 -0500

At 06:32 AM 11/15/02 -0600, Richard Brogger wrote:
>Hi Maggie,
>
>It would seem that you have achieved both serenity and wisdom.

This thread began when Don Wingfield reported a problem with the way TMG
5.04 imports from Legacy. So far as I can tell, only Arnt Stavne made any
attempt to respond to Don's problem.
It's true that Don's language was strong -- and two people have taken him
to task for it -- Jeff in a message whose tone Don found insulting, and
Maggie.

It seems to me that to quote the Serenity Prater in a message with Don's
original subject does a disservice both to Don and to the rest of us.

Let's all try to change the subject heading when we veer off from the
original subject. It only takes a few seconds.

Allen

P.S. I have passed Don's original comment aboutthe import of names on to
the developers.

"The whole point of TMG is that you are recording evidence, not historical
facts." -- Bob Velke
The Picklist and the Project Explorer are lists of names -- not simply
lists of people.

Allen Mellen -- New York, NY and Heart Lake, Susquehanna County, PA
permanent email address:<>
http://www.geocities.com/allenmellen
http://www.geocities.com/allenmellen/tmg.html

This thread: