TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2002-11 > 1037573589

From: "Doreen & Peter Neilley" <>
Subject: [TMG] Tag Sentence Structure
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2002 15:53:09 -0700

I've seen all the messages (very informative!) going by about sentence structure for the residence problem, but I must be missing something.

I have a problem with getting portions of my sentences not to print when there isn't any information. For example, in my Cause (of death) Tag, I have the following sentence:
[PP] cause of death <was|and [PO] were> listed as <[M1]><,which he suffered from for [M2]>. The cause was registered <[D]> <[L]>. <[M3]>

The part I don't want to print if there isn't any information is *The cause was registered <[D]> <[L]>.* I've tried putting it in conditional brackets <The cause was registered <[D]> <[L]>.> but that didn't seem to solve it. I can't think of any other way to do it.

Can someone help?
Doreen Neilley, Alberta, Canada - I don't feel like a vegetable any mor since I started using TMG5.04 - boy is it making me think!

This thread: