TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2002-11 > 1037620971

From: Joe Makowiec <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] Creating a list of unused tags
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 07:02:51 -0500

At 09:03 PM 11-16-2002 -0500, Fran Segall wrote:
>Hi all. Since I imported EVERYTHING from UFT, I have a lot of tags that
>are unused and that will probably remain unused. I'm not ready to
>delete them, but would like to make most of them inactive - but I'd like
>to be sure they ARE unused. Is there any way to create a list of unused
>tag types or a report of how many times each tag is used or something
>similar so I know which ones I should de-activate? Any suggestions?
>BTW, I'm using 4.0d. Thanks

Try a List of Events with Focus "Tag Type Label Equals [?]". Then write
down the names of tag types you suspect aren't used. To get the tag type
labels, create a "List of Tag Types" report.

When you run the List of Events report, enter the label. The resulting
report should come up with zero results if the tag is unused, or will give
you a list of places it's used if it is.

Joe
--
Joe Makowiec can be reached at:
http://makowiec.org/contact/?Joe